Workshops / Trainings / Courses
- Sun17Nov201910am - 5pmThe Wilbury Clinic
Trauma Training for Therapists (CPD)
Trauma Training for Therapists
Sunday November 17th 2019
10am - 5pm
To Book: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Understand what Trauma, PTSD, Complex PTSD is
• Psychoeducation - Understanding the neurobiology of Trauma and how to incorporate it into the therapy
• Safe Trauma Assessment including Trauma line
• Using and teaching Safety and Stabilisation
• Self care contracting
• Processing trauma
• Preventing Vicarious Trauma
This day will clarify what “Trauma” actually is and how to recognise the signs of PTSD and complex PTSD (and what the difference is).
There will be a thorough explanation of what happens in the brain in trauma responses and the importance of working safely with such clients by keeping them in their ‘window of tolerance’. You will learn how to offer psycho education to clients to help them normalise and validate that responses to trauma are normal reactions to abnormal events AND it is important to acknowledge their destructive potential when the traumatic event is no longer occurring.
We will cover assessment and information gathering and offer a ‘tool box’ of ways to regulate your clients distress levels. You will come away with a clear self care plan to work effectively with clients.
The ‘Trauma line’, will be introduced and experienced. This is a creative way of developing a time line of life events using the symbolism of string, rocks, flowers and night lights.
Traumatolgist PG Dip